Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

 What are all the names of diesesis or infection than include blood in poo be serios please?

 What is Vertigo?

 Are there any cure to dimenture?

 My friend's mom was addicted to painkillers, and he took them away from her?
This happened a few days ago. Now she is having seizures and saying things that don't make sense. Is this what happens during detox and are these withdrawal symptoms? Where can I get more ...

 Do girls really have cooties? Also is there a treatment for it?
I'm around a girl alot and I'm afraid I've got cooties from her....

 Why is it called "Multiple" Sclerosis? Can't you get it only once?

 I have IBS and can't work!!Is it possible to get some type of benefit..like?
I can't leave my house, tried med.s currently trying a clinical trial, if nothing helps me and I can't work, is there some sort of disability I can receive for this? My dad thought I should ...

 Is it serious??
i've had a lump on my chest for about a yr+ and it has grw and its hard and hurts. if its hard its a tumor right?...

 Adults should receive a tatanus booster every how many years?

 I am suffering sleep disturbances. It is really getting me down now.?
My usual night consists of 'bolting up right' in bed feeling that i can't breath. Sometimes i will find myself standing in a room having bolted and can't remember how i got there? ...

 Any one knows about eye dieseas Glucoma? seriously ans me i want info?

 Will eating tomatoes lead to kidney stone?
Should we remove the seeds of tomatoes before eating them to prevent kidney stone....

 Is it normal to vomit during flu?
i got a very bad flu, i had fever and muscle pain, and i also feel sick in the stomach, is vomit normal part of flu?...

 Nose bleeds?
i have had nose bleeds for the past 2 days now, for the first time in my life. i didnt no y. then i just found out today that my sister also had nosebleeds. btw, im 14, and my sis is 11, and im ...

 I have been constipated for almost a week, what should i do?
ive tried almost everything- raisins, carrots, crackers, licorice, blueberries, apples, oatmeal, coffee, water, beans, etc please any help is very much appreciated!!...

 My son had a friend over yesterday. His mom just realized her son has lice and let me know . What should I do?
How do I know if there are now any lice on my kids or in my house?...

 Alcoholics Anonymous?
There is no AA meetings near me, and my husband needs help with his drinking problem. Since he works 40+ hours a week and all AA meetings are 60+ miles away (one way), what are our other options?...

 The Elephant Man - what was the diagnosis?

 What is the difference between Brain Tumor and Brain Aneurysm?
What is the difference between Brain Tumor and Brain Aneurysm?...

 Is it normal to sweat a little during the night?
every other night, i have a little bit of sweat around the collar of my neck? i dont know if sweating at night is normal. is it?...

Can a doctor refuse to let you see a specialist?
I have severe osteoarthritis in the lower part of my spine and some days I cannot walk properly Im also getting pain and numbness in my legs, Ive asked my doctor 3 times if I could see a specialist, but the doctor said a specialist can do nothing for me,

Your doctor did not say you couldn't see a specialist he merely said he didn't think a specialist would be able to help you. Make an appointment with an orthopedic doc if you want. I am not sure where you got the idea that he said you couldn't see one as you certainly didn't post that he said that in your message. Call now and set up an appointment with an orthopedic doc.

Health insurance is a tricky thing for both patients and doctors. I feel so badly you are in pain. Here's the deal: the doctor MUST at least allow you a second opinion and your health insurance will cover it. I think it is ridiculous he did not refer you to a specialist when you asked. First, get that second opinion. Tell the other doctor how the problem is persistent and that the first doctor was not helpful. Depending on your health insurance it is not necessarily mandatory in some cases that a doctor can refer you to a specialist. You can always see a specialist and pay out of your own pocket if you have the means. Good luck and feel better!

dareena q
You have the right of a second opinion so i would use it if i was you.

mr bigs
I think it could be time to get checked for borreliosis / lyme disease,which your symptoms are typical of-but I am not saying I am 100%sure its lyme, (and if your GP refuses to take further action ). You can contact the hospital below without your GPs help.

NO, any Doctor that refuses to let you see another doctor is afraid of something. You are always to be encouraged for a second opinion when ever you feel any question about the first. It's your health. He is working for you!

No a doctor can't refuse you to see a specialist, if you have a legitimate problem that you feel a specialist may be able to help you with, then yes you can see one, however because hospital appointments to see specialists are usually few and far between, its best to think twice before arranging to see one as you don't want yours or their time wasted, has your doctor given you a proper diagnosis, if not they should have done and explained why they think a spealist can't help you, if they aren't very forthcoming or helpful, then see another doctor and ask to see a specialist, if you aren't happy and in pain then you have every right to see a specialist, good luck!

Ask politely for a hospital referral or tell your doctor you want a second opinion which you are fully entitled to. Change your doctor if no joy. You could go to A and E and try getting attention that route. I

Richard M
Well I would certainly seek a second opinion. If it were me I would not rest at that considering the pain you are having to put up with.

Mrs. Miller
He cannot refuse; if you want a second opinion, you are completely entitled to it, even if it's just for peace of mind. Tell him seeing a specialist would make you feel better and be firm but if he's still being difficult, see another doctor and go from there

Steph j
See another doctor.
Your doctor has to offer you a second opinion

sounds to me like you have a standard HMO healthcare plan which requires your family dr to give you a referral before you can see a specialist...

in this case-i would find me another family practice dr who would be willing to give you that referral. some doctors irritate me to no end-only you as the patient knows what kind of pain you are experiencing and if they aren't able to get you the relief you need then they should refer you out....

Your doctor may refuse to give you a referal to a specialist, but the doctor can't stop you from going to another doctor who will.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Thursday, February 11, 2016
Terms of use - Privacy Policy