Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

 I'm in my 60's, exhausted all the time. Legs and arms ache. Can't sleep at night, can't stay awake in the day.
I have horrible dreams. What is wrong with me?...

 lortab, can u get a high?
ok my boyfriend took a lortab for his knee and he is acting really wierd, is this supossed to happen? like he is awake but he just like out of it. could he be high....

 if you take more than 10 pain relievers could you die?
if you take more than 10 pain relievers could you die?...

 is it normal to get a headache atleast 5 times a week?
ive been getting headaches/migranes for the past two years and in august i noticed that ive been getting headaches in the same area on my head and ive been getting a sharp headache there ever since ...

 Severe chest pains, what do I do?
I'm 16 and have been addicted to Red Bull for about a year and a half now. I usually drink anywhere from 2-4 a day and for about 6 months now have been experiencing extreme chest pain. Feels ...

 My father's appendix bursted. Please Help?
It is now almost 1.5 months that this happened. He is in ICU till now and has undergone 3 operations. We changed the doctor in India and the last doctor said its a mistake of previous doctor. He is ...

 plzzz somebody help!!!?
help plz im siting here and i just stuck my finger up my nose and cant get it out im going crazy one hand writing i keep pulling its stuck on the bone helppp!!!!...

 am I putting too much strain on my body by running?
because my back has been cracking and my chest but I dont what it is....

 i have a lump in my neck and for last 3 months have chronic diarrhoea and nausea in mornings?

 Back pain, please help?
the upper right side of by back hurts whenever i take deep breaths and also i have a little bit of tightness in my chest. i got an x-ray but it came back fine. any ideas of what might might be ...

 My three year old has a canker sore on his gum. What can I use to help the pain? And to get rid of it?

 i took a vicodin @ 6:00 and i just took another one at 9:30 4 a migraine the bottle says every 6 hrs. ?
will i be ok?...

 What is the best thing to do for aching feet?
Im on my feet all day and my heels really hurt, I bought new insoles and they still hurt, even when Im just walking around the house they hurt, what can I do?...

 Medcical name for a back doctor....?
Besides chiropractor!...

 Help me stop my leg cramps please?
hi, my name is danni, im 15.. right now i am in bed, not able to go to sleep because i am suffering from the worst leg cramps i have ever had!! its pretty common for me to have cramps, because i do ...

 Is it safe to give a dog aspirin or ibuprofen? ?
I have a golden retriever with hip dysplasia. I feel bad to see him gimping around. I know there's stuff i can get from the vet bt just wondered about regular aspirin or ibuprofen?...

 trapped wind!!?
anybody have any suggestions how i can get rid of trapped wind, its killing me! ive had it on and off since wed night. ...

 Chronic pain sufferers.How do you deal and cope with it?
I'm 29 y/o have 4 levels of disk herniation,spondylosis,ruptured disk,degenerative disk disease,osteoporosis,fybromayalgia, etc...Had 2 back surgeries and numerous other procedures with no ...

 i think i just broke my right hand pinky?
i was kinda mad right now but i hit my pinky on the table with it making a j and i heard it make a braking sound... it feels really warm and if i move it, it hurts. Did i brake it, btw it feels like ...

 Where is your vertebrae?

Chiropractor or physical therapy for lower back problems?
I have often reoccuring back pain and all the Dr. wants to do is give me muscle relaxers which don't do much at all.

There is a lot of overlap here, and it often depends on the type of chiropractor or physical therapist you see.

My preference is chiropractic as they can diagnose the problem and give recommendations for treatment, as well as alternatives. A physiotherapist, by license, is not able to "diagnose" the problem.

Both will help you, and it will be your choice. If you are able to do your own exercises at home. Then go see the chiropractor for treatment and ask for some recommendations for stretching and strengthening the area. If you need to be babysat in order for you to do the exercises, then see the physical therapist.

To determine the type of chiropractor you are seeing. Ask questions like do you xray every patient, do you treat only spinal complaints, do you use physical therapy modalities like ultrasound, TENS etc. That's a simple starting point.

dump the pill pusher, he's charging you big bucks to "treat" the syptoms, not the cause. You have to find someone who can diagnose the problem, and then treat it. many good chiropractors give exercises along with all the cracking and stuff they do. key word, find a good one not another quack.

Not sure of your age. Ice works wonders, but only deadens the pain and doesn't cure the ailment. Ask for a lower x-ray of the back and let a doctor examine the alignment of the vertebra's.
For stretching, lay on your stomach, and if possible, get someone to help, bend your knee and raise your leg towards your back. Alternate with both legs. If no one is available to help, simply lay on a high bed or couch, let your leg hang over the side and allow it to hang as far down as possible. Switch sides and do the other leg. Chiropractors can sometimes realign the spine without surgery. Good luck

Melissa Me
I went to a chiropractor and after about 6 months the pain eased so that I could move around a bit easier. After a year, I was rarely in pain, but I was also only going to him about once a week. I don't go to him at all anymore, but I would if the problem started again.

The other thing I did was replace my mattress with one with better padding and support.

P.S. I'm sure my fan club will be back to give me a negative rating. They can't stop obsessing over me!

start doing situps every other day and miracles will happen,
it works miracles for the back.
use ice bottle on back for extreme pain.
(fill an empty pepsi bottle with water and freeze)
put on back when hurtin 10-20- min pain is gone

Having had disc & bone growths pressing against the spine itself I would say see a orthopedist or neruo doc to find the exact cause of the "problems' .....that should be the first thing
Next, depending on the cause you could ask about PT to try rather than surgery to relieve the pain......tell the doctor prescribing you the muscle relaxants you want further evaluation for this to see a cause....not masking a problem

country girl 006
It sounds like you need to find a new doctor, possibly a neurologist. He will surely give you a diagnosis for your lower back pain, after running some tests. If he decides, in the meantime, to give you something for pain, he will, but it probably won't be muscle relaxers. It may be a painkiller - don't refuse it. You never know when the pain will get so bad that you wish you would have had something stronger in the first place. If physical therapy is needed, let him decide who to send you to and give the therapist the orders. He knows best. As for a chiropractor, I honestly do not like them. My sister swears by them and goes once a week. I also know many people who go to them and really like what they can do for them. I had a very, very bad experience with them and will never, ever go to one again! Again, I suggest you get to a neurologist. Your family doctor will probably have to give you a referral to one. Best of luck! I know how bad lower back pain can be. I have been going through treatment for over 20 months now, including major back surgery!

The chiro will do alignment and help with some heat and ultrasound, and go your merry way. The physical therapist will do the same..except for the alignment, heat,stim, ultrasound and the difference is that...they work with giving you some exercises to do either at their office or at home.
You dont say what type of problem is that you have, back pain, could be muscle spasm, trigger points, you might have a disc problem, nerve problems, but you dont indicate so its hard to say what you can do or not do.
But for the moment you can strengthen your back with stretches and exercises. You can try going to see a massage therapist, they work wonders, massage is not only to relax a person, they are trained to work muscles and decrease pain and increase range of motion. If you have a school nearby of massage try going to them, they are very inexpensive and they can help you.
Good luck and feel better ^i^♥♥♥

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Friday, February 12, 2016
Terms of use - Privacy Policy