Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

 Can men get breast cancer?

 I've been smoking for 2 months do i have cancer?
I started smoking in April, I smoked on a saturday and then two weeks later i smoked again. then another two weeks later i smoked again and then two days later again then again then i decided to quit....

 Recently I have found a knot in my breast that is visible (can see lump under skin). Should I worry. 24yrs old?
The area where the knot is seems to be darker than my other skin?
Additional Details
I don't want to go to doc unless it might be serious....no insurance but I guess I will have to ...

 I am a grandad of 66 who has always looked after my grandaughter of 13?
my daughter is having a babby in febuary and wonts me to lookafter him I dont have a problem what do you think
Additional Details
wot I said I dont have a problem looking after my ...

 what is a good gift for someone who just finished chemo & radiation?
my mom just finished chemo & radiation. we were taking her out to dinner & wanted to get her a gift. what would be a good gift? she is 59 & had breast cancer....

 Is there a certain kind of chemotherapy treatment that doesn't cause hair loss? If so, what is it called?

LOST OF WEIGHT OR fever??...

 blood types?which blood types do you believe to be the rarest?

 i just smoked a cagar I am 14 will i get cancer. i have smoked 2 times before?

Additional Details
i forgot to mentoin after i was done smoking it felt like i swollowed somthing and it was stoke in my troat so i drank water and it felt wierd is this ...

 Is it true you can get mouth cancer is you smoke cigarettes wrong?
Hmm.. it sounds ridiculous and I don't even smoke but someone I knew said it and I don't believe it.. But is it true?



 My dad is in late stages of cancer - please help?
My dad (72 yrs) was diagnosed with terminal cancer a couple of months ago which spread to the brain and its been very distressing seeing him go through radiotherapy and all the effects of the disease....

 my mum is very ill and i don't know what to do ?
my mum has liver cancer and am only 15 i don't know what to do no one tells me what is going on i don't find out that shes going to the hospital till the day she goes i ask my dad if she ok ...

 Gifts for a child with cancer?
My friend has a 9 month old going through chemo and I'd like to get her a toy or something to play with while she's in the hospital. Or if not a toy, any other ideas?...

 what are some organs that are involved with lung cancer ?

 I'm 19, is it possible for someone my age to have BREAST CANCER?
my left breast has been hurting me and i think i have a cyst (at least i hope its just a cyst)....

 PLEASE i am asking you to pray?
My friends mom is at the doctor RIGHT NOW and today, she will find out for sure if she has breast cancer or not!
she does not have a lot of money and needs alll of your prayers! please pray a ...

 Non smokers, What have you done? You have killed a culture and increased the sale of tranquilisers by 20%?
Cancer deaths are rising. What have you done? Are you nuts?
Additional Details
Source. The Times.. Today....

 Do you anyone who has died from Cancer?
What age, and what type of Cancer?...

 Should I be better safe than sorry about.....?
having dreams where I am being diagnosed with some illness or even cancer. Should I worry about this? I don't have any symptoms I feel perfectly health. It is too weird and many times I wake ...

 my dad has cancer they say two years left what do i do too make sure the last two years is good?
im scared about all this going on !he seems like its nothing!!...

Can I get paid to take care of my mom?
We live in Michigan and my mom has stage 4 breast cancer with mets to her brain, liver, adrenal glands, and bones. She has been getting worse and worse and she can't really do much anymore. She can barely dress herself. She is forgetting things also. I work full time and so does my dad. I would love to be able to care for her full time without pay but it's impossible. It's hard for me to do much after work beause I have hypersomnia and am wore out. Some days we don't even know how we are going to pay the bills.

Somone else comming into the home is NOT an option. My mom will not have it.

Please only answer if you know or have any good ideas on where to look. Thanks.
Additional Details
With my line of work I couldn't work from home and I live in MICHIGAN there aren't any jobs here. Half of the state is on unemployment.

chick, love my boys :)
You should be able to get a carers allowance, you need to talk to your local council about your options. I am very sorry to hear about your mum x

nic nac
I don't know whether you can get financial assistance - I'm in the UK - but you can get help



Maybe you could call them or email them



a lady capricorn
you might through the state. if you dont know where to start, call the unemployment office. they should have a number for people to get into contact that can set that stuff up. i know you can do babysittting through state, you should be able to do that.

why don't you look for position that work from home. Depending on where you work, many places have that option.

Well, I tried looking for you, but I'm not that good in searching for things on the internet. I think there are programs that allow you to take care of you own and get paid, but I have no idea where to look. The best advice I can give you is to call your local caregiver program and ask them for advice. They might be able to help you out more than anybody here. Best of luck to you and your family....
I will pray for you and yours.

I'm sorry about your Mother. I wish her no pain. I wish I could tell you differently, but I don't believe you can get paid for taking care of her. Perhaps someone else can come into the house while you are there, and that way she will get used to someone else being there and helping out, and you can get a much-deserved break or maybe do some work from inside her home.

May I suggest that you get in touch with your local politicians and ask if there is anything they can come up with to help you out. Sometimes they have ideas about what is available that you might not be able to think of. They have staff that specialize in certain problems and unfortunately, what you are experiencing is probably not that rare.

I wish you the best of luck. You are doing all you can and you deserve all the help you can get.

Ever consider of hospice care? It's free in most places. btw I'm sorry for your mom.

I live in the UK and we have a benefit for this situation called ' carers allowance'. I'm sure there will be an equivalent in the US.
Contact your local cancer charities and ask them. You will find they are a very good source of both information and practical help.
Your local church may be able to help. Again they may point you in the right direction.
Good luck.

My dad died of cancer last september so i'm really sorry to hear about that.
Yes you can claim carers allowence also your mom can claim money in her own right which is called DLA.
She can get that for the rest of her life as cancer, even ones that have been put in remission can always return.

If you believe in God then God bless you. I took care of my father until the end. In California you can get pais. You have to go through the welfare office. They will try to discourage you because the Gov never wants to give away money, but don't give. You are performing a thankless job, just you a making a differenc and you are doing the RIGHT thing. Hang in there and keep doing the best you can.

is there possibly a cousin or aunt or uncle that can look after your mother? or maybe a family friend that is willing to help? if so, then ask someone close to your family to help out.

Christina H
First of all im sorry, But YOu need to get a aid for your mom like from an hospital. But if that is not an option then you goning to have to do it sorry.


Mom likes it or not, call hospice. This is too much for you, unless you have a background in nursing. As far as getting paid, I am sure it would have to be set up with your parents financial situation. The other option is to have mom go to Hospice and stay there to be taken care of. They take donations here in Indiana, but do not charge. Call her Doctor and ask what your options are. Sorry about your mom by the way. It is hard to see them suffer. And lose them to such a horrible disease. Call the Dr. they will give you good advice. Hospice took care of my grandmother and father in a loving way. Very respectful, kept them pain free as much as possible and bathed them. It freed me up to do the other tasks that needed to be done. Please don't do this alone, almost impossible to work and take care of someone who is dying. Too emotionally taxing.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I don't have any job ideas, but I would suggest that you talk to social services and hospice. I know that your Mom doesn't want anyone else to come in, but hospice volunteers do more than take care of the sick person -- they can help with housework, errands and such, taking some of the stress out of your day. Your Mom wouldn't even have to interact with them if she didn't want to -- and depending on what they're helping with, she wouldn't even have to know about it. Hospice is there for the family as well as for the patient. And social services most likely has some programs that can help you financially. If they don't, they will know of other government or local programs that can assist you financially. My thoughts are with you.

I don't think a first degree relative can be paid, but call the social services office for your county, they will be able to help.

If your mother is on any kind of social security disability, you CAN get credit and social security for being her care giver. You need to go to the local social security office to get information on how to apply for this and the requirements.

I am sorry to hear about your mother.

You may be able to be paid if she qualifies to have someone else come into the home to care for her, and you meet the guidelines to be that person.

For exact information I would check the Michigan Department of Human Services at: http://www.michigan.gov/dhs

I hope that this helps. Hang in there.

k <3
I am very sorry about your Mother.

I'm not sure about the options there. But I know when my Aunt lived with us and was on Hospice my mother got her CNA license and worked through the local Home Health agency and worked in the home helping my aunt like she was an Aide coming to our home. See if that is an option where you are at. Some places can give you a 2 week CNA class for free if you will work for them afterwards.

I really hope that you can find something that enables you to stay at home with your mother.

Do you have her on Hospice? If not, that is something that should defiintely be looked into. They can help immensely!

Best wishes.

If your mother is on Medicare, Medicaid, SSI or other type US government social security program then you can apply to be her caregiver and you can get paid for doing so. There are rules for what you must do but basically this amounts to what you are already doing if you are responsible for more than 50% of your mom's care.

Here is the info page to get you started.


If your mom might qualify then you should call your local social security office today and get started since approval might take a couple months and you both need help right now. If the local social security office says that you and your mom will eventually be approved for caregiver support then you should also call the office of your mom's US representative and ask for the aide who helps with social security issues. Explain the situation and ask if the representative can get your mom's case flagged for prompt attention and approval. This can speed things up considerably. good luck to you both

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Saturday, February 13, 2016
Terms of use - Privacy Policy