Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

What is the worst pain you ever felt?
Emotional/...

Is it safe to put marbles up my girlfriends bottom?

Does piercing your ear cartiledge hurt?
is piercing the top of your ear painful?...

Does the first time hurt?

Iv just burnt my fingers .. what can i do to sooth the pain?
i was cooking my lunch on a hob cooker .. not realising that one of the othe hobs where on, on the higest heat (it doesnt change colour)
the pot that was on the hob i was using is large and the ...

What one word calms you down?

Chest pain normal?
Occassionally I get really sudden spots of I guess I wouldn't necessarily call them pain but it feels kind of unpleasant in my chest area, usually around my heart area...they always go away ...

Ugghh, my throat is KILLING me. What will help!?
I have the worst sore throat I've ever had, and I've had strep throat many times in my life.. I just was at the doctor's last night and was strep negative, my doctor said it's ...

I found some pills my husband was takeing help me to know what they are?
oen is white and round marked 74 on one side and 93 on the other. the other one is a very light orange marked 563 one side and pliva on the other. help me to know what it is that he is taking?...

OMG my neck help me please?
im in so much pain and all my chiropractor's are closed and my neck is so messed up what do i do i cant even turn my head and it hurt to lay down or i would have just gone to sleep... HELP ME!<...

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting my tongue pierced this sunday, and I was wondering if it hurts?

What is the most physical pain you have ever been in?

Is suicide painful and if so how long does it last?

Would u lift a fat person from the floor.if it meant you hurting your back.?

Daughter conplaining of tummy pains for 2 days but now crying in pain?
my husband has now took her to a&e.im sat here worrying.shes been complaining of tummy pains now for 2 days,but all family has had a tummy bug over last couple of weeks and although we all not ...

What is the best way to end your life but without pain?

Additional Details
how many paracetomels will i have to ...

Why can't I eat anything with braces?
Well I have taken advil ibuprofen all that stuff and still can't get it to stop hurting. What can I do elsewise to help with the pain. This is only the 2nd day with them and I hate them. They ...

Chest ache?
ok so today i went skateboarding and i fell on my back and got the wind knocked out of me, now my chest feels like something is pushing up against it is this ...

My husband keeps getting bad chest pain that goes down his left arm is anyone familar with this?
Hi I was hoping you can give me some info My husband has been getting bad chest pain that sometimes goes down his left arm and even in his neck it statred about a year ago he would get the odd one ...

My 13 y/o has terrible menstrual cramps - she cannot take Motrin or any other NSAIDS, any ideas on relief?

Ty
whats the quickest way to get rid of a headache without taking pills?

Additional Details
need to know fast it feels like my head's about to explode

SalBo
It's kind of hard to say, depends on what headache you have.

1. No particular reason: You can use nurofen sticks... you rub it over your scalp and it has this type of mentholy thing that makes it better soon.

2. Vertigo headache or no particular reason: Also try massaging your pressure points: http://taichi.snowcron.com/shiatsu_headache.htm

3. Migraine: Or get a heat pack, place it on your shoulders and have a nap in a quiet, dark room. If you need to throw up, do so, as your body may be trying to get rid of some toxins, eg. from bad food. Then sleep for about 2 more hours or until you wake up by yourself.

4. Dehydration: You may also be dehydrated. Try drink some chilled water. Just keep sipping it. It will take about an hour for you to be hydrated again.

5. Strong, spicy food headache: Drink a can of chilled coco-cola and rest.

Hope this helps!

If you have recurrent headaches that stop your from working normally, go to the doctor. If they come only once in a while, but often enough to annoy you, try this:

http://www.instantheadacherelief.com/headache-home-remedies.html

It will help get rid of any headache, including hangovers, within 2 minutes. However, it does cost a bit.

SCARY FACE
Rating
bust yourself in the nuts!!!! That will take your mind off your head

i&lt;3natwolff
Drink some cold water( a few cups) and take a nap. i do it all the time when im feeling one

t.t.topz
drink alot of waterand try not to do anything to stressful just watch some tele

impokey
Rating
tylenol and a regular coke (caffeine in coke which gets in the system faster with the coke). Lay in dark, quiet, room with soothing low music, (turn off phones and TV), Lay headache part of head on warm heating pad and go to sleep. Works everytime.

gazper123
take a shower.. close your eyes, stay in a dark room.. or take a nap.. specially just relax

Susan
Rating
Go into the dark, put a wet cool cloth on your head, breathe deeply, and concentrate on the pain flowing out of you.

If that doesnt work, take the pills.

Alexx
It may not be " fast " but wet a washcloth with COLD water and put it over and take a 20 minute nap. Make sure your sleeping in a quiet and peaceful area

Smiles
Rating
Drink LOTS of water. Your brain is mostly water. so sometimes it helps to drink lots of water but not too much.

Katie
cup of tea?

riley
Rating
drink Gatorade, rub peppermint oil on your temples or massage your hands and feet.

Gatorade has electrolytes which helps headaches.
Peppermint Oil calms you.
Massage pushes pressure points that are directly connected to your head.

Ellie H
Rating
I usually go lie down for about a half an hour, cool and make sure the pillows are nice and soft. And usually it goes away.

Parent101
Rating
sleep

Mihirei
Rating
Squeeze the meat between your thumb and finger in that little groove. It's a pressure point

wut
Sleep?

Apply pressure on your... pressure points...

Jack
Rating
push the side of ur heads in from both sides

massage ur tempo's

cold ice on ur head

drink water to cool down and laydown

Nana to TWO
cold, wet washcloth on the forehead.

Ivy G
SLEEP!

rhambass
Rating
Drink a glass or two of water and lay down for a few minutes.
Most headaches are caused by dehydration, and resting for a short period of time will usually help most help woes. Sometimes your body just needs a few minutes to collect information and figure out what is going on so it can send the right signals and sort everything out. Drinking plenty of fluids generally helps promote all-around health in general, and is the best way to prevent/cure headaches and even the common cold(couple with bed-rest). Take a twenty minute nap if you can for optimal results.
If you haven't eaten in a while, eat a couple of saltines, or a buttered piece of toast-sodium will help your body distribute water properly, and any other nutrients will help your blood sugar regulate to a better level(even the healthy have problems with low blood-sugar if they haven't eaten enough).

WithinTheMind13
Here what works is when I change my attention from the pain to another thing I am doing, like reading, talking with someone, playing games, whatever works ....

quenchmy.desire
Put a wet paper towel on your forehead.

Rachie&lt;3
Rating
Just fall asleep if possible. When you wake up you feel loads better.
Hope ur headache gets better[=

Sarah
Rating
It depends on the cause of the headache, but drinking water usually helps.

Splash Log
Lay down in a dark quiet room. And take something that smells good to sniff. Like an orange, or coffee grounds. Or anything you love the smell of. Having a w@nk isn't a bad idea either, or a cool shower perhaps.

NC Merten
drink some water...
AND GET OFF THE COMPUTER

Karen♥☺
Put a towel on your forehead and lie down and try to fall asleep.

Also, Take a shower or a bath to relaxxx!
and then fall asleep. Try to anyways.

and if all doesn't work, take tylenol because it does really help and makes you feel better.

Julie
Rating
The cause of a headache is constricted blood vessels.

Mint (just the scent of it) naturally opens blood vessels, so chewing a stick of gum will really help a headache! Also helps, drinking mint tea or sniffing mint.

You should also rub your temples gently to increase blood flow.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy