Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Pain & Pain Management
Health Discussion Forum

My throat has hurt for 3 days.i dont want to go to the doctor.What should i do, take a pill or something?
My throat burns and stings whenever i swallow anything......

Can young people get heartburn?

What should you do about a really itchy ar$e?
can you sell it on ...

Whats the best remedy for a headache?
i went to sleep about 6 pm to try to get it to go away but i woke up about 11pm and still had the headache. i thought it would help but it didnt. i also already took 2 advil.

any ideas?...

Who or what wakes you up mornings?

What's the worst pain you've ever had?

I am in pain!!!?
i have a very dull ache in my kidneys and its really hurting? any ideas what it could be?...

My boyfriend has a bad back ache, what are the best ways to releive the pain?

What do you think causes my stomach to hurt every morning?
i am 16 and when i get up about 5:15 everything is fine. i get ready and get ready to leave for school about 6:55 my stomach seems to always hurt about 6:30 or so. what do you think causes this pain ...

I hate needles but have blood test tomorrow. will it hurt really bad?

OMG, how can I get rid of this headache?
I have had a mild migraine since Monday morning. It doesn't throb, it is in my forehead, around my eyes and between them. It won't go away. I've taken Tylenol, had enough to eat, ...

Why does it hurt to drink pop?
It feels like drinking fire! I can actually feel it going down my esophagus. Then it kind of festers through out my abdomen: stomach, esophagus,etc. I have had it happen since I was little, but in ...

I have rly bad cramps?
i get horrible cramps during my period. they are sometimes so bad that it makes me cry, and i can't even get off the couch without it hurting horribly. is there any remedy that helps to ...

What's the worst pain you've ever experienced?
..it can be physical or mental....

Im in agony with toothache. taken max dosage Of paracetamol, not toUChed it what can i do now....HELP!!!?

Life Is Terrible?
Who feels like they have just hit the bottom of hell?...

Will you go for a walk today?

Do guys htink visible hip bones are attractive?
cuz i love my hipbones so much
Additional Details
they aren't like anorexic visible, but ive just lost 10 lbs...and they look great on me......

What kind of painkiller for headaches?
I don't get headaches often, but when i do get them ,they last for the whole day. But most of those days i really have to work on hw, and can't afford to lose time because of headaches

Please tell me swimming is better than walking, as exercises?

namaw
Is there a good home remedy for a headache that will not go away after trying almost everything ?
I am already on some pain medications and I am currently using a heating pad with very minimal help.Even the Excedrin Migraine that has always worked in the past, isn't working now. This headache has been almost nonstop for over a week and at times even makes me feel sick at my stomach .I have a Dr. appt. but today is Sunday. Any suggestions ?

Michael F
Yes.................Divorce her

marisa
Rating
go to bed

♥Lindsey♥
Rating
This works for me everytime.....

Do this

Wait untill nightime, then go in the bathroom, dim the lights, take a bubble bath in very very hot water(but not to hot that its just to painful to get in),put on some very relaxing music(optional) , take 2 very very hot washcloths and massage your temples.... one washcloth in one hand and one in the other.And just massage your temples..... maybe you can even put a facial on or something!

But the trick is... the only reason why i say ver very hot water is because, it relaxes you and it makes the blood surculate throughout your body, so the blood will surculate through you head and temples too.

I really really hope you feel better!

And I hope this helps!!!

Paramedic Girl
Rating
Stop taking the pain relievers... you are likely getting rebound pain (which is from constant use of pain relievers and it causes worse pain). If you can stop taking any for 12 hours, you will likely start to feel better.

As well, use a hot water bottle on your lower back and a cool cloth on your forehead while you lay in a dark, quiet room...try to nap if you can.

Also, keep yourself hydrated with water and a bottle of Gatorade.

n1ghtfr3ak
Rating
Sip cold water, avoid stress and being on the pc wont help.

Good you are seeing the doc, long term headaches need to be checked out.

Here have a hug xx

Da Vinci
Rating
You display classic symptoms of a migraine. That said, there are many solutions you can pursue. Firstly, I highly recommend you pin-point the root of the problem - sometimes electrical lights (tube lights), stress, wine, chocolate, sugar, etc can be the culprit. You may also be dehydrated. It's crucial to stay well hydrated everyday...especially on hot ones! You'll be surprised how quickly a headache can creep up on you when you're dehydrated.

You should also lose the heat pad. I think that will only make things worse for you. As an alternative to heat, try a cool cloth. You may find it will help much more than a heat pad.

If you always get these headaches, try the following to pin-point them; on the day you suffer from a headache, try to remember what you did the previous day. Did you drink wine, have copious amounts of sugar, or forget to drink water? Where were you, what did you do? Did you smell something you didn't like? Asking these questions can be extremely helpful sometimes.

However, if this doesn't work, it may helpful to see a doctor. My personal recommendation is to visit a naturopathic doctor (ND). An ND will help you identify the route of the problem rather than just suggesting pills.

Although I'm guilty of it myself, on unbearable days, I do take pills. However, I don't recommend it. There are too many long-term impacts and if one is not careful, an addiction can result.

Hope this was helpful.

Yngwie M
Stop the meds and just relax. Massage your temples.

AngelaSD
Rating
It always helps me to get in a hot bath tub to soak for an hour or so. Also, I have some very strong peppermint lotion that I rub on my forehead and my temples. It is strong which means it tingles. Yes, of course you can take pain meds, those may help too. When I get really bad headaches I like to take the Goody's headache powder. You shake it up in a bottle and drink it down. With it being powder form it helps dissolve quicker to start working faster.

Otherwise... when I get those headaches I reach for as much comfort foods and drinks as possible. I have a sweet tooth, so I go for sodas or energy drinks, chocolate, cookies, etc...

I hope you get to feeling better. I know the pain you are in!

Thanks for reading!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy