Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Should I go get X-rays just to be safe??
2 days ago i had went 4wheeling with a friend of mine. We were on the trail and all of a sudden i hit a patch of rocks off to the side of the trail and with it being so dry out, i slid through the ...

How many times have you been shot?

I have to go to hospital. Alone or take a friend?
I have a hospital visit planned for Friday to get some results, nothing serious, a bad leg. Shall I go alone and be confident or take someone to hold my hand?...

Is there a way to tell if you broke your ankle or just twisted/sprained it?
I twisted my foot while playing basketball.

There are no bruises or something but it is a little bit swollen.
Additional Details
I broke my wrist before. The pain on my ankle ...

I Have been bleeding from my arm, for an hour.. Is that normal.?
I itched my arm and I have been bleeding ever since. It has been like an hour and I am still bleeding! Anyone know how to make it stop or if you know how to make it bleed slower even?...

Why does our funny bone feel so odd when we hit it?
Is it in some way different to other bones, making it feel more exposed somehow? T...

Has any1 had a broken bone?

Which is worse.. a fracture or a break?

Stuck up bum. It really hurts, urgent help required?
I nipped out to the shop for a pack of cigs, and theres this homeless guy i always pass on my way, i always say hello and make a comment on the weather, just to be nice to him, but he always just ...

I stepped on my curling iron! :[?
What should i use to stop the pain/ heal?...

My cousin just had a car accident she fractured 3 bones in her skull and has air in her brain will she make it
I need an answer....

HELP please? Something wrong with my mom's stomach... any ideas?
my mom just finished eating this wild rice and now her stomach hurts really bad. it's not a poop or a throw up feeling, it just kills around her mid section around her ribs, even around her back....

My coworker injured me while on the job. What should I do?
My coworker and another coworker were outside our offices. I had just returned from a restroom break and one of the coworkers said he wanted to show me something he had learned in Jujitsu class. He ...

Which is worst a broken bone or a fracture?

What's the worst injury you've suffered on vacation?

What Bones have you broken?
I broke my #5 metacarpal (R) boxing and one of my ribs when a friend rugby tackled me into a hedge.
Additional Details
Oh yeh, forgot nose also!
notice how it's all the guys ...

How long does a bruise last?
i got it on late friday.
my friend fell on her face first on her drive way, drunk.
its on her chin.
how long will this last?...

Cant stop bleeding?
i drop a weight on my toe and now the nail wont stop bleeding it has for like 2 and a half hours how do i stop it? or what should i do, cant go to hosptial no insurance....

Bruised during blood test?
is this ok for the hospital to do??because it doesnt look very nice really and im sure i heard they could get into trouble for this a i have a huge bruise on my wrist through this
Additional D...

Whats wrong with me????
I just woke up from being knocked out for a few hours. I saw a girl and i thought she was a killer, and was trying to kill me. She said that shes not a killer, and that shes my girlfriend, and we are ...

Linz
I need advice on how to treat a burn wound?
Okay, so I got a really bad sunburn 8 days ago. One of my legs has a huge wound on it. It's not the type of burn you would think of from a sunburn. It looks like an actual burn wound. There's an area on my shin bigger than my hand, kind of a darker color and dried out like it's going to scab up. I tried putting lotion on it but that burned really badly. So now I'm just not sure how to treat it.

1. What should I put on it?
2. Should I cover it with a bandage or not?
3. How do I keep it clean and prevent infection?
Additional Details
I can't afford to go to the doctor. If I could, I would.

Scorched Eartha Policy
(((Linz)))

Sunburn IS a real burn..its a fecking RADIATION burn mate.UV light is serious sh!t.

The Rev is right...you need to go to the emergency room or your own doctor!!

PLEASE!!!

tangerine
Actually, it sounds like you need to see a doctor. You may actually have a second-degree burn, which is pretty serious.

EDIT: Be careful! It may turn into cancer. Many years ago, my grandma got a second-degree sunburn on her leg, and if I remember correctly, I think it became cancerous.

Shades of Grey♥
Aloe vera.

If you (or your neighbors ;-) have a plant, cut a 'spear' off, open it up and apply directly to the burn. Repeat often.

P.S. I really liked the person's idea to drink lots of water. Sounds like a great idea and I never would have thought of that!

The Reverend Soleil
Please see a doctor about this -- it sounds serious...

I'm Blessed
Rating
hmm that is bad

My best advice is to use apple cider vinegar diluted half strength in water.Apply to all burned areas. This stings at first but then will sooth and cool the skin it is also antibacterial and moisturizing. You can also try hydrogen peroxide to cleanse the wound. there is a wonderful cream called aquaphore it will help too but you must get this from a local pharmacist and you have to ask since most places keep it behind the counter.

For the wound that seems to be healed and dry use Aloe vera gel or live plant gel from inside the plant.

The vinegar has always been my first choice but fair warning it stings like H3LL.

Only cover with a bandage if it is rubbing on your clothes, otherwise just let the air heal it.

Keep hydrated and eat lots of healthy foods including lots of vitamin C tablets or OJ this is going to really help you.

I wish you the Best and I will say some prayers for you too.

You should see a doctor but I understand not affording it.

if you live near a major US city you might find a FREE medical clinic many cities have them google free medical clinic and of course your city

â™  KitKat â™ 
See a doctor, Linz. Find the state health department clinic and go there. They will see you. If it gets worse go to the emergency room.

And any lotion other than aloe vera has alcohol and all kinds of other sh!t in it, and is not recommended for burns. All natural cocoa butter is recommended to moisturize.

A 3rd degree burn is where you have open sores or cracks, eruptions in the skin where there is fluid leaking out. If you have anything worse than blisters, you must keep all bacteria out of the wounds or risk infection. And see a doctor!

Soak your leg in cool water.
DO NOT USE SOAP TO CLEAN IT. Hydrogen peroxide will kill bacteria.
Drink lots of plain water (not bottled water - too many chemicals from that plastic, you know)
Stay off of it and out of the sun.
Take an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen (Motrin) to reduce pain and swelling.

I am not a doctor; I'm just giving you some motherly advice. lol Take care of that, and yourself!

((((Linz))))

Everard J
Rating
"I can't afford to go to the doctor. If I could, I would."
Don't you people even have free emergency hospital?
I'd move to Canada, Europe, Australia-NZ or some other civilised place ASAP.

In the mean time, all you can do it keep it bare, cool, clean and wait for the body to do its magic.
~

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy