Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Blood sugar?
Over the past few month iv had some symtoms of low blood sugar so the other day i took my sugar....cuse my moms a diabetic and it was 74...Is that ...

Just tested my blood sugar and..?
...it was 86, is that good?
Additional Details
Is it too low?...

OMG who is Nick Jonas already?
Is he a singer? an actor? Is he the godsend to preteen girls?...

My diabetic father bruised his leg?
my diabetic father bruised his leg 1 week ago. It now has spread pretty darn wide 4 in? and he cant put all his weight on his leg. He doesn't want to go the the Dr . any advice as to what this ...

Okay please reply . can you be obece and not have diabities.?
please send me ...

What would be a glucose reading for someone with hypoglcemia?
assuming they were feeling low, what number is considered low.
Additional Details
okay for the first person, my glucose meter is giving me numbers between 1-10 it doesn't go that ...

fernando
Can you get diabetes for taking 10 mg prednisone for 14 days?
hey everybody just finished taking 10 mg prednisone for 14 days for a contact dermatitis was taking 6 for 4 days then 5 for 2 days etc etc dosages kept on going down can i get diabetes with that kinda of paranoid please honest answers thanks

JET
Rating
No, you can't get diabetes from prednisone, or any other medicine that I know of. Diabetes is a result of genetic predisposition/lifestyle choices (type 2) or an autoimmune disease (type 1).

I highly, highly doubt you have diabetes, but a quick trip to the doctor for a simple test will answer the question for you.

Miz Lamb
Rating
Short answer is YES, corticosteroids can and do cause diabetes. Read the accompanying facts sheet that came with your prednisone.

A lot of how soon you get diabetes is how often you have to do the titrated pred and how many times you have already done it, per doctors orders.

But usually this is for severe asthma or other bronchial problems and breathing is so much better than not breathing that it is sort of worth it.

My doc doesn't understand that the inhaled corticosteroids do a number on glucose too.

sandy7970
Rating
prednisone can raise your blood sugar but generally doesn't make you diabetic with short-term use. if you were on steroids all the time, long-term, you could get "steroid-induced diabetes". since you're on a tapering dose, you're not at current risk of diabetes from prednisone.

everybodiesmama
Rating
That is called a Taper Dose of Steroids, and it is the safest way to be given steroids for an immediate problem that requires it. It is NOT very likely to cause you to become diabetic. It is long term high dose steroids that can cause the problem. 60 mg is far from High Dose!!! 60 mg was your maximum dose (taking 6 tablets). If you are still concerned, your physician can always run a Lab Test to check for Diabetes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy