Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Should I go get X-rays just to be safe??
2 days ago i had went 4wheeling with a friend of mine. We were on the trail and all of a sudden i hit a patch of rocks off to the side of the trail and with it being so dry out, i slid through the ...

How many times have you been shot?

I have to go to hospital. Alone or take a friend?
I have a hospital visit planned for Friday to get some results, nothing serious, a bad leg. Shall I go alone and be confident or take someone to hold my hand?...

Is there a way to tell if you broke your ankle or just twisted/sprained it?
I twisted my foot while playing basketball.

There are no bruises or something but it is a little bit swollen.
Additional Details
I broke my wrist before. The pain on my ankle ...

I Have been bleeding from my arm, for an hour.. Is that normal.?
I itched my arm and I have been bleeding ever since. It has been like an hour and I am still bleeding! Anyone know how to make it stop or if you know how to make it bleed slower even?...

Why does our funny bone feel so odd when we hit it?
Is it in some way different to other bones, making it feel more exposed somehow? T...

Has any1 had a broken bone?

Which is worse.. a fracture or a break?

Stuck up bum. It really hurts, urgent help required?
I nipped out to the shop for a pack of cigs, and theres this homeless guy i always pass on my way, i always say hello and make a comment on the weather, just to be nice to him, but he always just ...

I stepped on my curling iron! :[?
What should i use to stop the pain/ heal?...

My cousin just had a car accident she fractured 3 bones in her skull and has air in her brain will she make it
I need an answer....

HELP please? Something wrong with my mom's stomach... any ideas?
my mom just finished eating this wild rice and now her stomach hurts really bad. it's not a poop or a throw up feeling, it just kills around her mid section around her ribs, even around her back....

My coworker injured me while on the job. What should I do?
My coworker and another coworker were outside our offices. I had just returned from a restroom break and one of the coworkers said he wanted to show me something he had learned in Jujitsu class. He ...

Which is worst a broken bone or a fracture?

What's the worst injury you've suffered on vacation?

What Bones have you broken?
I broke my #5 metacarpal (R) boxing and one of my ribs when a friend rugby tackled me into a hedge.
Additional Details
Oh yeh, forgot nose also!
notice how it's all the guys ...

How long does a bruise last?
i got it on late friday.
my friend fell on her face first on her drive way, drunk.
its on her chin.
how long will this last?...

Cant stop bleeding?
i drop a weight on my toe and now the nail wont stop bleeding it has for like 2 and a half hours how do i stop it? or what should i do, cant go to hosptial no insurance....

Bruised during blood test?
is this ok for the hospital to do??because it doesnt look very nice really and im sure i heard they could get into trouble for this a i have a huge bruise on my wrist through this
Additional D...

Whats wrong with me????
I just woke up from being knocked out for a few hours. I saw a girl and i thought she was a killer, and was trying to kill me. She said that shes not a killer, and that shes my girlfriend, and we are ...

bonnieh1964
treatment for broken ribs?
Hi-could anybody tell me the best treatment for broken ribs and a concussion-also what are the best pain medications to use?

barfly
talk to the doctor who diagnosed you.

ALittleAboutALot
Rating
this is DEFINITELY a go to the doctor question..
For ribs they will wrap them in ace bandages unless there is risk of the broken piece puncturing something important (another reason to make sure the doc checks it out) then stay in bed for a few days to let them settle.
Concussion has no real treatment but watching to make sure no other symptoms arise. If pupils remain dilated under change in light or eyes don't track light properly GO TO THE DOC.. and don't let the person go to sleep until checked. This could indicate other more deadly issues.
Pain is different for everyone and for different types of problems for these issues it is prescription meds that I won't cover.

ashley818
Rating
i agree, u should definitely go to a Dr. my best friend watched her friend get hit with a baseball bat and a baseball simultaneously when she was ten. he had to wear a brace....but anyways, go to a Dr!!

spiker1995
Rating
You should wear a rib wrap. it's like the ones for a wrist, knee etc. except wraps around your torso with velcro to pull and place snugly. wear it tight but not too tight. about 2 weeks as far as pain over the counter Tylenol or those like it you can take. As long as you wear the apparatus. continuously for those 2 weeks. Hope you try this.and it works for you as well.

Justin
Go to the ER, they will give you treatement and medicine to take home.

RAYNE
Rating
TALK WITH A DOCTOR.

Diane A
There is no real good treatment for broken ribs--no way to immobilize them and wrapping is no longer always recommended as it causes more problems such as lung collapse and pneumonia. You need to do coughing & deep breathing exercises to prevent pneumonia--you hold a pillow to the broken rib area to protect and cough & take a deep breath 10 times every 4 hours. However, you should have a Chest Xray to make sure a rib did not puncture the lung or cause bleeding. You may be given vicodin or even dilaudid for pain.
The concussion should be evaluated but basically for the first 24 hours the person needs to be woken up every hours for fisrt few and then every 2-3 to make sure there are no neurological changes (blurry vision, gait problems, headache, pupil changes, mental changes, confusion, vomiting). With a concussion you pain meds may be more limited. Do not take advil or aspirin as that may cause bleeding.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy