| || |
USES: Simvastatin is used to lower cholesterol and fats in the blood to help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
Simvastatin is used to lower cholesterol and fats in the blood to help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Your doctor may periodically perform lab tests during treatment to monitor your progress.
- For best results, exercise regularly and follow a doctor- approved, low-fat, low-cholesterol diet.
- Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (between 15 and 30 degrees C) away from moisture and heat.
- Do not store in the bathroom.
ZOCOR 40 MG TABLET
- This medication may be taken without regard to meals.
- If you are taking this drug once daily, take it with the evening meal or at bedtime as directed.
- It may take a few weeks to months before the full effects of this medication are noticed.
- This drug must be taken regularly to keep cholesterol low.
- Stomach upset, gas, heartburn, change of taste, diarrhea, constipation, skin rash, headache, dizziness or blurred vision may occur the first few days as your body adjusts to the medication.
- If these effects persist or become bothersome, inform your doctor.
- Notify MD promptly if you experience muscle ache/pain, fever, unusual tiredness or weakness, vision changes or yellowing eyes and skin.
- If this medication makes you dizzy or lightheaded, avoid driving or engaging in activities requiring alertness.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Before taking simvastatin tell your doctor if you have liver disease, a severe infection, kidney disease, heart disease, low thyroid function, history of alcoholism or any allergies, especially drug allergies.
- Limit alcohol intake, as this may aggravate drug side effects.
- Simvastatin should not be used during pregnancy.
- If you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant, inform your doctor immediately.
- It is not known if this drug is excreted into breast milk.
- Because of the possible adverse effects to the infant breast-feeding is not recommended.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as remembered; do not take if it is almost time for the next dose.
- Instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not "double-up" the doses.
- Tell your doctor of any over-the-counter or prescription medication you may take including warfarin, cyclosporine, erythromycin, gemfibrozil, cholestyramine, niacin azole antifungal drugs (e.g., itraconazole), clarithromycin and nefazodone.
- Avoid grapefruit juice while using this medication unless your doctor specifically instructs you otherwise.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
Opinions for Zocor||