USES: This medication is a skeletal muscle relaxant used to relieve pain and discomfort associated with musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
This medication is a skeletal muscle relaxant used to relieve pain and discomfort associated with musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- This medication is used in addition to rest, physical therapy or other measures prescribed to relieve your condition.
- Since this medication may make you temporarily feel better, do not try to speed your recovery by exercising or lifting too soon.
- It may cause further muscle damage.
- Follow your doctors orders.
- Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light.
- Do not store in the bathroom.
- HOW TO USE THIS MEDICATION: This medication is given by injection into a vein or muscle by a health care professional.
- It is usually given twice a day.
- Use this medication exactly as directed.
- Do not increase the dose or take it more often or continue taking this for longer than prescribed.
- Stomach upset, headache, blurred vision, drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, dry mouth, constipation, difficulty urinating or irritation at the injection site may occur.
- If any of these effects continue or become bothersome, inform your doctor.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you develop a rapid heart rate, fainting, fever, breathing difficulties, skin rash, mental confusion or depression while taking this medication.
- To avoid dizziness and lightheadedness when rising from a seated or lying position, get up slowly.
- Also limit your intake of alcoholic beverages which will aggravate these effects.
- Use caution performing tasks requiring alertness if this medication causes you to feel drowsy.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing kidney, bladder, heart or liver disease, prostate trouble, glaucoma, ulcers, myasthenia gravis or if you have any allergies epsecially to sulfites.
- This medication should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- It is not known if this medication appears in breast milk.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as remembered; do not use it if it is near the time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
- Tell your doctor of any over-the-counter or prescription medication you may take including propoxyphene pain reliever.
- Avoid the use of alcohol while taking this medication since excessive drowsiness or depression can occur.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
Opinions for Flexor||